The mission of the Association is to:
- promote the study of obesity in Singapore including its causes,
manifestations, prevention and treatment.
- encourage and support research into all areas of obesity.
- provide a better understanding and independent opinion regarding various
aspects of obesity to healthcare professionals and to the general public.
- seek affiliation with international bodies and organise scientific
meetings to promote the exchange of information about the study of obesity.
- compile, print, publish and distribute educational materials detailing
information about obesity.
- receive donations in any form on behalf of the Association, and also to
borrow or raise money and to invest and deal with money so derived for the
purpose of furthering the objectives of the Association.
© SASO 2009